Agnostic.com

6 1

LINK Christian fundamentalists are driving our country into the Dark Ages

FTA: Woman is subjugated to a status which is wholly reliant on having “faith” that her husband will do the right thing because he is specially influenced by God by special decree of the Bible. Fundamentalist website after website counsels women that if her husband does wrong that the only thing she can do is pray that God will guide him to a different decision, that she is not to disagree with him publicly (or in front of children). She is free (sometimes) to give an opinion, but the ultimate decision is the man’s, because he has special dispensation by God to be in that position. The equal status of women is a threat to this hierarchy, and thus, a threat to God.

zblaze 7 Sep 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, they are delusional.

Stop and think for a second: "the equal status of women is a threat to god". The creator and sustainer of existence quavers in terror before an empowered woman.

Sounds about right.

My wife is a fundamentalist. I am a atheist. I am pretty laid back and we each control aspects of the home. The idea the bible would tell her to obey me while I would tell her the bible is just made up is a bit ironic.

I made a video that attempts to explain the reason for this. Please like and Subscribe!

An interesting, if not dated (2013) article from the UK. I appreciate the reference to Susan Jacoby, one of my favorite authors!

I can agree with the article but at the same time poke fun at these folks.

I grew up and lived in that nonsense for years and thought I was the head of the house but now look back and realize that we were pretty equal. My ex wouldn't have put up with that anymore than my present wife would. I have several acquaintances that believe this bullcrap but their wives completely run the house and lead their men around like they have a nose ring. I'm sure there are guys that do dominate their wives and that must also be awful for both parties. It's more profitable for both to just be partners.

The rest of the article was interesting and rang true with my observations.

gearl Level 8 Sep 28, 2018

I would like to know what being the head of my house is like. My wife and daughter own me!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:188671
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.