Agnostic.com

8 0

Atheist everywhere!

I haven't been on this site very long, but so far I have noticed the majority of users are atheists. Are there actually any spiritually open people here? Not posting this question to get ridiculed by an atheist please.

Melyeebee 4 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your assumption that atheists have no spirit is incredibly inaccurate.

I have no idea what you mean by spiritually open. I have never heard two people define spiritual in the same way or even in a way that has any meaning that I could understand.

So for me to know if I fit your definition of spritually open I would need to know what you understand this to be.

I've been imperically minded for the most part since the age of eleven, but I don't begrudge anyone who seeks truth & meaning.

Me, I’m open to spirituality. I embrace spirituality.

I get some flak about it but I don’t mind.

To me the term spiritually is a lot like agnostic. It's a very open ended blanket term which has no real set meaning........

There are plenty of people who identify as agnostics, but that does not mean "spiritually open". It means "I do not make a knowledge claim about the existence or non existence of god because a claim of knowledge either way is not possible".

Atheist on the other hand means "I have no belief for or against the existence of god because I see no evidence to support any such belief".

Some of us are both agnostic and atheist but identify more as the latter.

Nothing about either position requires that one be an empiricist or rationalist, although there's a strong tendency in that direction.

May I ask what you mean by "spiritually open"? Perhaps starting with your definition of "spiritual"?

I am "open" in principle to anything, spiritual or not, so long as it's supported by valid evidence. We might need to have a discussion of what constitutes valid evidence, etc. But that is my general position.

score...that's exactly right....it's scare ya how many on here don't comprehend that

How stupid are.................No, im just playing. In all seriousness, though, what IS spirituality?

There are some spiritually open people, those people would be generally agnostic I would think.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:188946
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.