Agnostic.com

7 1

Hello everyone. It's a while since I have been on this site of free thinker and man have I missed it. I hope you all have been doing well.

So last weekend I was at a bar where I with a few friends and the topic of religion came up. Now most of my friends are the churchable type and that's cool with me because we don't push our ideas on each other. Though there what a couple of guys over heard our conversation and didn't agree with my thought process. They started tossing insults at me and my friends just for being friends with me. I was wandering if any of you have had a similar experience?

richdust 5 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I haven't had that experience, but I can relate to dealing with "nosey" people with uninvited opinions. It's probably best that you all left to avoid escalation (alcohol and confrontational disagreement doesn't mix well).

Not exactly, and I hope your friends showed some courage...no chair throwing or anything like that, but surely.....?

My friends had my back, there wasn't any fights. We just got up and left.

No, that's just rude on two counts, saying rude things and jumping into a conversation they were not invited to.

True friends don't belittle you or insult you.

My friends didn't insult me. The ones insulting us were strangers.

@richdust My mistake, sorry I thought that it was a friend that insulted you.

So what are your thoughts on the subject?

Welcome back... don't be a stranger. I try to ignore as much as possible religion and gods because I try to make it a dead subject inside of me at least. Ignorance, religion, bar, drinking never a good mixture. And even when you are in full control of your senses... you can't control the maniac at the other side of the argument. Good Luck.

Nope not me, you must live in the USA. lots of bible thumpers live there. I hope one day things change for you all.

Thanks I also hope it changes for us in the US.

I still wish to be Citizen of the Democratic Republic of Puerto Rico.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18937
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.