Agnostic.com

2 1

I believe climate change has become pseudoscience.
I was wondering if you look at this website yet?
[eenews.net]
how important is climate change to you?
Here is an interesting article which is worth reading.
SCIENTIFIC METHOD AND THE “GREENHOUSE” THEORY
[icecap.us]

dc65 7 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have always believed that global warming is a mix of nature and humans in that order. Sadly politics has a way of changing people's thoughts from facts to fiction. I would love to see the US get clean, but sadly "politics" seem to make it difficult.

I read and hear conflicting things, but I'll go along with whatever inspires people to cut pollution and only use renewable energy. The sooner the world is rid of oil use, the better.

I read on my iPod 90% of Americans don't care about climate change global warming I'm not sure what news source that came from. but I know people will not give up the way of life energy give them and when you raise the price of energy the poor people suffer. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the future. The rest of the world wants to live like Americans do.

@dc65 Yeah, that's weird. The Thai can't believe it when they express such a wish and I start telling them how cold it gets there, the rent for a one bedroom apartment, plus utilities, deposits, a car, car insurance, medical costs, medical insurance, etc. They usually just stare at me in disbelief..they can't imagine such a world.

But many countries put the US to shame.

For instance, the Swedes issued a challenge to become the first 100-percent renewable countries, Costa Rica plans to be carbon-neutral by 2021, Nicaragua wants 90-percent renewable energy by 2020, mostly from wind, solar, and geothermal sources.

But several US states are also making progress; for instance, Duke Energy has plans to build three solar power plants in Kentucky, and a NOAA study estimates that America could reduce emissions 80 percent in 15 years without raising consumer power costs, by using more renewables.

@birdingnut what do you think about the Chinese continue to build coal-fired power plants?
from what I understand Chinese are not going to do anything to reduce carbon dioxide emissions until 2030. I'm not sure where India stands on this subject. but I know India does use a lot of coal. what do you think about nuclear power I think it is worth the risk the French have been doing it for many years with a good safety record.

@dc65 There are many green alternatives, even safe, efficient ways to use nuclear power, but the Oligarchies control things for their profit. Patents are blocked, inventors are killed, etc, so Big Oil can force everyone to buy from them.

From Wikipedia: China is the world's leading country in electricity production from renewable energy sources, with over double the generation of the second-ranking country, the United States. In 2013 the country had a total capacity of 378 GW of renewable power, mainly from hydroelectric and wind power. China's renewable energy sector is growing faster than its fossil fuels and nuclear power capacity.

@dc65 Wikipedia on India: "Renewable energy accounted for 18.37% of the total installed power capacity in India in 2017[1]. India set a target of producing 40% of its total energy needs through renewable sources by 2030, as stated in its Intended Nationally Determined Contributions statement in the Paris Agreement[2]."

@dc65 France doesn't have earthquakes, so using old school nuclear energy is worth the risk, but Japan's nuclear spill has already spread across the Pacific and fish caught off CA are lighting up the radiation detectors. And the leak is continuing to pour nuclear waste into the ocean even now.

@dc65 But tell me about your living and traveling in an RV. Traveling in a sustainable, green energy RV sounds ideal for me, but so far the available models are almost as expensive as buying a house. There are some compact models that you can park anywhere and it collects wind and solar power, rainwater, can be used completely off grid. Even those are out of reach to most, but I keep hoping that by the time I get back to the US, there will be more inexpensive options, or I can retrofit something myself.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19052
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.