Agnostic.com

4 0

The meaning

Someone, has lived all his life helps people, brings them hope and happiness
And another lived all his life, kills, rapes, and he oppresses
The two died and ended up. are you think they are equal?

belfo 6 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kind of hard to decipher what you are actually asking as "ended up" seams rather pointless so I'll answer with a few different positions:

***The Christian Perspective: From the perspective of an educated Christian that believes the bible:

If the one who Kills, rapes and oppresses believes in Jesus, He has more value as his eternal soul will be rewarded for his belief in Jesus and god so when he lives after he is dead he will not be condemned to burn in hell forever.

Likewise, if the one who helps people, brings them home and happiness and has the intellectual honesty to question baseless assertions and does not believe in a supernatural sky-daddy who killed himself so he could make himself happy because of a situation he created, this person would not be equal as, after he is dead, He will live and suffer in hell forever. So they would not be equal.

***The realist perspective:

After they die, they are dead. If one was heaver then the other they would have "ended up" with a different weight. The difference would be trivial.

If you are asking if one did more harm then good, based on your description, there was a difference in their contribution to the welfare of their fellow human.

I mean, do you think that the fate is one? It means they died and it is over

@belfodil So my second answer: When they die, they are dead". is the answer you were looking for. Ok.

What do I think they are equal to? It sounds like you are wanting to argue that the good person gets some kind of reward after death. It's too late then. He should have his rewards in his lifetime. The bad person may get away with his deeds but he should have been caught and put in prison.

I mean, do you think that the fate is one? It means they died and it is over

There are no people like that. Everyone is good part of the time. We are each other.

Equal to what?

It sounds like the difference between me and the abrahamic god.

Or the difference between a person who has lived their life doing no harm and another 'philanthropist' who has made their billions as an entrepreneur buying and selling company stocks - investing in companies that exploit the poor and contribute to climate change .

They ended up? Ended up what or where?

I mean, do you think that the fate is the same? It means they died and it is over

@belfodil I think that when they are read, they are dead. So they both end in the same place . Philosophically, the 'good' one will soon be forgotten by those that remain, but the one that killed, raped and opressed will likely be remembered for a long time.

@Uncorrugated I'm not talking about time or place, but I mean, do you accept that the fate of the two will be the same

@belfodil Yes.They will both be dead. Either rotting away or their ashes blowing in the wind.

@Uncorrugated This is means that it is better to commit suicide ... There is no value to life .. I know I am sure, that I will die at any time and it is over!!?

@belfodil Exactly the opposite. This is your one and only chance of life that you can be certain of.

Make the most of it. Enjoy every minute of it. Get out and experience everything that you can

If you value others, respect their idiosyncrasies, chances are, they will respect yours.

Go aound killing and raping, chances are, you will spend much of your life locked up and unable to do the things you want for long.

The only value that life has, is the one that you give it. So make the most of it whilst you are here.

And I have absolutely no idea how you came to the conclusion that suicide is the better option.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:191351
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.