Agnostic.com

6 6

LINK The mask slips: Now we know what Supreme Court fight is really about.

A journalist for the Seattle Time wrote this revealing article about Kavanaugh. I also saw a facebook item about the ABA downgrading this fools rating some 12 years ago. Nothing shows he is even minimally fit for this position. It is simply the Republicans way to maintain power in light of an upcoming defeat. If he brings his firebrand way to the court it might force others to leave and the conservatives to get a court that will always side with them and there goes a critical part of our democratic system. I have said this before but I feel sorry for the young people in this country.

JackPedigo 9 Oct 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We have always known that. I've been trying to call McConnells DC office for over a month now. The chicken won't even allow the voters to leave a message. What a coward.

This is why we must change the terms limits and the way they are selected to be all the people and not the senate in addition there should be an age limit for the justices.

I also don't understand why, with something so important and which is supposed to be a third dept. why the parties can't have an equal number on the selection committee.

@JackPedigo At one time there was only 8 judges and to many ties so they added the 9th. The judges should be elected by the people not the senate.

@Marine In a way I disagree. Remember it was 'the people' that got us into this mess in the first place. When a work position needs to be filled it is not the workers that do the hiring but a manager or team. Again, the selection committee should be balanced.

@JackPedigo These judges are to important and should support all the people of the country and that is why i want them to be elected by all the people. At the time the Constitution was written it was difficult to get all the peopel to vote and this was their alternative.

@Marine But what is meant by "all the people?" Remember the buzz word of today "diversity". We are not at all on the same page and the more people who come here without understanding our political system (or caring) the worse things get.

@JackPedigo Citizens which have been introduced to our politics and history as required to be a citizen

@Marine Totally disagree as I have experienced just the opposite. In our state if a certain population hit a certain level ballots are printed in their language. Every year we got a stack of ballots in Chinese. No one took one in the my precinct but I know there were areas that did use them.
Even our own people don't know what is going on. We once had a well dressed, educated woman come in and ask to let her daughter accompany her to the booth. She wanted her daughter to know how things work. After a short time the daughter was jumping up and down and pointing and the mother shaking her head. Later we asked her what was going on. She said here husband was running for a spot (he was a wealthy restaurant owner - conservative) and she did not know about it. I have also commented many times about the practice of coin toss voting. This harms the system.

FYI...Did you know Kavanaugh was just a law clerk when Bush gave him a judgeship? FBI has been restricted to it's investigation and will not interview Avanatti's client Julie Swetnick

Yes. It's about power and keeping/preventing people who are rich from having any power over their own lives.

Good article!! His (Graham) 'mask' came off at the hearings also. Yikes!! I sure hope the gop rethinks their vote, or at least enough of 'em vote against Kavanaugh that he does not get on the Supreme Court and if he does we MUST take back the Senate and impeach Kavanaugh, he simpy is not fit for this life time position.

Let's just hope enough sane people go out and vote to put an end to this right wing coup. Their aim is to establish a white, Christian majority country and continue to sow chaos and division to achieve this....

I heard that if Kavanaugh is not selected it will motivate more conservatives to vote. If he is it will motivate more liberals. Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:191954
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.