Agnostic.com

5 1

Can I do away with these evils?

I've been wondering if I ever could do away with my envvy, greed and hatred for others. Could anyone suggest me some best ways to put these nasty feeliings to rest?

Noyi 6 Oct 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Counseling or therapy might help. I also know I've gained a lot of good insights from discussing problems with a close friend who is very intelligent and empathetic. You can sometimes get useful ideas from others, or from self-help books.

Therapy may be a start but remember there are many kinds of therapy. I do not mean the one where you have to pay somebody to listen to you. Do a Google search for "different kinds of therapy." Many things may come up. I for one, do not hate anyone. I was not always this way. Others say "yeah, but what if?" Sorry. IF does not count. Until it happens it is imaginary.

Start to appreciate what U ou have, and are capable of, and realize others envy you, too.

Care for each other.

Find an organisation where you can volunteer to help others worse off than you are. Work for a political party that will change the system so that the very rich pay a serious amount of tax and wealth is distributed more fairly. The feelings are natural and we all have them but you can distract yourself from them by taking action.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:192422
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.