Agnostic.com

27 5

Doubt vs gullibilty

Is it wrong to cause believers to doubt their faith?
If so, please explain why, I am well aware there are some believers that can't be reasoned with but there are those who can be reasoned with. So, if it's wrong to cause doubt, then please explain how it's right to make people believe things unsupported by evidence?

GodlessWahid666 5 Oct 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's not wrong to cause believers to doubt there faith. More we get believers to doubt the bs, the better the chance of putting them on the path of enlightenment. That makes it easier for our community to come out of the closets with our belief system. I would love to wear a t shirt that said, I'm an atheist and proud of it. It's wrong to con people into something that doesn't exist and do rituals which are total waste of time for an after life. Watching an episode of Power Rangers is more productive than believing religious bs/god. I bet all the people who read my would agree with me.

I had a co-worker friend I "reasoned" with. He set out in search of something else to "believe" in. I guess some people just can't believe in themselves.

Della Level 6 Oct 3, 2018

I also know a few people who have left religion and become believers in other magic, such as "new age" teachings.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:192853
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.