Agnostic.com

35 5

Most atheists/agnostics started out being raised into some religion they didn't buy into. What religion and/or denomination did you not buy?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

catholic. I also tried nazarene

Raised Catholic, did the born again thing when I was about 30. I was preyed upon by an evangelical looking for a scalp...

I then attended a Baptist church, then an offshoot of the Open Brethren, then hoodwinked into becoming a Free Methodist. Crazy, eh?

I don't think that is crazy! 🙂

Church of Christ. Multi-generations. Maternal granfather eventually "defected" to the baptists, and was then looked down upon by the rest of the family. Isn't that stupid?

The hate between denominations has always blown my mind. They're all Christians, right?

@robertdctrey The thing about the denominations is that they believe they are the chosen denom and that the others are at worst not christian and at best misguided. Each one seems to have the thought that they have the exclusive truth.
Just my opinion.

Presbyterian

Christian, Southern Baptist

Christianity, but I have studied many and find all of them lacking any good evidence.

Southern Baptist. Explored United Methodist, then Episcopal, and finally Greek Orthodox on the way off the ship.

All of it, but Catholicism would have been the springboard. Catholic schools was the best way to immerse myself in the nonsense and see exactly why it was all garbage superstition, even if my schools were not on the fundamental side of things.

I was forced into being Baptist as a child.

Most of my family is Roman Catholic. I tried for years to believe so I could fit in with my family. I finally decided I didn't care cause religion didn't make sense. Family still loves me, but they pray for my soul daily.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19408
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.