Agnostic.com

5 6

Christine Blasey Ford Changed Everything

#MeToo made me feel safe, validated, and heard,” Lynn*, a 26-year-old software developer, told me, describing several instances of sexual harassment, assault, and coercion from her college years.

“This bullshit brings back all of the anxiety, fear, and trauma of not only what happened, but my fears of not being believed—of shame, guilt, hurt, pain, everything.”

"The year Lynn was born, Anita Hill testified that then–Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas had sexually harassed her. Lynn has recently been revisiting that case, digesting the morbid symmetry between Hill, who was insulted to her face by the senators who questioned her, and Ford, who was treated with perfunctory respect—but who, it seems, will be neither respected nor believed enough to derail a drunken teenager’s path to power.

“I’ve always been angry,” Lynn said. “But now I’m fucking furious.”

[slate.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am glad she is furious, she should be. Every woman should be. I am pissed, and I cannot believe the Senate is going to do this.

Hopefully the Republicans will pay a price for this debacle in the up coming election. The results of the midterms are going to show where the real soul of this country is at......

@Dhiltong

Exactly.

VOTE in the Midterm election on November 6, 2018.

People need to be furious right now.

Unfortunately it looks like fury only isn't going to cut it when Republican women have apparetly decided throwing their own gender under the bus is acceptable just to be able to say "our side won".

Had enough? Vote the fucking repulicans out. And don't ever vote republican again. VOTE!

And what's the lesson to young women from this shameful confirmation process? Come forward and the President (well, the guy who has the job right now) will berate you on national TV, because you're not as important as the privileged, petulant white guy who just might vote to both roll back your reproductive rights AND shield the grabber-in-chief from prosecution. Sorry, had to vent.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:194115
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.