Agnostic.com

16 4

How do you use this site?

Do you tend to post more than you read? Do you choose a particular topic area? Do you follow certain people? Do you seek people out that you agree with? Disagree with? What brings others here and what methods do you use to find what you are seeking here?

Dida 7 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seeking marriage. ...I post remarks like a peacock spreading giant feathers

I definitely read more than I post, but that's usually because I often a see a comment that's aligned to my way of thinking. Mainly, I like enjoy reading what others think; I like listening to what others have to say whether or not I agree with them.

I am new here, and I think I come here to see like-minded people. I like the fact the atheist/freethinking/agnostic communities tend to be intelligent, intellectual, thoughtful. I'm fairly shy and don't like to share my view points, though, so I mostly just watch other people talk. I get a passive sense of community that way, and the knowledge I'm not alone.

It's convoluted as hell

With mouse and keyboard on hand in front. Screen in background for visual effects.

@Dida Found my soulmate!!! Where you been all my life?

I follow some people, I scan the recent posts for topics of interest to me, I'll agree or disagree depending on the perspective being put forth. Sometimes I read and respond to the comments, and other times I skim them. It depends on how I feel at any given moment.

@Dida Sounds like a pickup line… 😉 I'm usually on here each day, at least a few times throughout the day. How often are you on Agnostic?

@Dida Well, then, a belated welcome to the funny farm. 😛 It's a fun place to occupy oneself. I've been disenchanted with Facebook recently, and this has been a much better place to socialize.

I like posting & sharing information that I think is important to the secular community . This includes news about computer viruses , software , upgrades , Net Neutrality & other laws governing internet & it's users . This is also a dating optional site , so I also like to post Love & Relationship posts , Health & Happiness for self-help ideas . I like promoting science ,, especially now that I see it being downgraded by the current administration . The only thing I don't post about much is parenting , but I do support child abuse issues . I try to keep up with comments & liking what ones I read so I know I've read it already ,, unless it's raunchy or suggests harm to others , which is illegal , but I still see it . It's mostly sarcasm though . . .

I go by the comments of others , as to what they are about . I like talking to others that live further north on account that I in tend to move in that direction someday . I take a lot of antioxidants for mental health , so I perspire a lot & prefer cooler climes that northern living has more of to offer on average . Younger , older , same age , any color , any size , I love freethinking women , so long as they are available , with like minds .

A lot of women have 2nd agendas in the dating world , I'm not fond of games . I play along as it is par for the course , but it becomes intolerable after awhile . I don't mind dating separated women , but if that's their relationship status , then they need to just say so . I'm not looking to have kids , but when your with someone who wants to , & their lifestyle proves to be healthy , financially secure , & within the realm of practicality , I tend to agree with what makes them happy . It came close once , but it was a long time ago , & I'm not getting any younger , so it would have to happen soon , or not at all . Internet is my sole source of contact with this quality of community . I live in a small town , so I spend most of my time online , however , when I find someone , that will most likely change . For more info , read my Bio .

Dougy Level 7 Jan 30, 2018

Almost as a journal. Like ever changing meditation. I tend to gravitate to different topics that are on my mind

Sometimes, I use it to help me crystallize my thinking, to distill ideas, or notions I may have on a particular topic. Sometimes I read to see how tolerant, or intolerant, I am of other ways of thinking about things. And, honestly, sometimes I use it to reinforce my own views (maybe that's common). But, primarily, this site is something of a respite from all the stupid bullshit that bombards us from so many directions on a virtually daily basis. I can come here and count on more thoughtful discourse than on, say, FB.

@Dida thank you for the kind words. FYI, I dId look into that other topic (chemtrails), and what I'm seeing is disturbing. The documentary, "Why in the world are they spraying?" is very unsettling. Everybody should see it before completely discounting the whole notion.

@Dida you definitely should watch it. You can find it on Youtube.

@Dida Key here is that, prior to seeing the vid, I had not witnessed the level of what appears to be voluminous evidence indicating that degree of what they refer to as "geoengineering." And the evidence is compelling.

@Dida it is pretty hard to just flat out dismiss what all those apparently well-informed people are saying. I really liked the older lady on the big farm up in Washington, or Oregon who kept talking about Monsanto. I wanted to find and blow up their headquarters. Thank you for speaking your mind on this and standing your ground. I'm not done with pursuing it.

@Condor5 I have never use Facebook because I always felt the website was not secure. So far this website seems to be relatively free of scammers which I am grateful for.

@dc65 .I pretty much only use FB for the messaging and phone calls now. I got kind of tired of all the political crap.

@Condor5 can you call land lines and cell phones from Facebook and how much do they charge to use Facebook for that service? Right now I'm using Skype for my phone service and when I travel, I used boost mobile hotspot. I can use my iPod touch or my HP computer for my phone service. When you have a problem Microsoft is very hard to deal with and I do not like the way Microsoft is changing Skype.

@dc65 I don't believe you can call landlines, I'm pretty sure it's a FB to FB service, but it's free. However, you can put FB on your cell, right?

@Condor5 thank yu for telling me

@dc65 you're very welcome, sir.

I glance down the center sometimes.

Sometimes I choose categories.

I choose different sorting -- by newest, newest comments, most comments.

I choose topics that sound interesting.

I choose topics that have at least a couple replies.

If somebody is interesting or funny, I almost always read their profile -- look at pictures if they have them.

If somebody is intentionally rude, combative, obnoxious, or the like, I read their profile too. I check their other comments -- if it is a pattern, I'll give it a little more time, but eventually they will get blocked. Like another user said yesterday, I don't have any problem blocking people. Makes it much easier to read the intelligent, enjoyable conversations I LOVE!!

I read a lot more and I comment a lot more than I post -- I have not made one original post yet. Seems like everything I think of is already there. And, I'm cool with that. Some people here are really good at posting ideas that really get the conversations flowing and I appreciate them for that!

@Dida Awwww, thanks. 🙂

I generally read and answer the most.

I go to the home page read the headlines and if any appeal to me I'll click and check it out. If it stirs my....whatever I'll respond in one way or another as far as following I have no idea.

Pretty much the same for me.

I read more than I post.I do not choose a particular topic. I only follow 4 people

Decide wtf did you join for? Dating? Political views? Agnosticism? Friends? Once you determine that then you can use your profile to share your interests, dating availability, goals, etc. I worked on my profile first sharing who I was and what I believe in. I personally will relocate so I had no barriers on meeting someone for a long term relationship. I've made friends internationally. I am currently visiting a site member on the other side of the country. This site is a great way to meet people.

You're still there, Sassy?!?! It must be going well I hope and assume? 🙂

still there

Look around, try all the different categories. Respond, if you have something to say. There is no one way to "use" the site. Do what works for you !

As you read more, you'll get a feel for who is here , and why.

@Dida I do exactly what I advised ... from experience

I just scan for topics I think are interesting. If someone posts something I agree or disagree with I try to reply. I think discussion is important for growth. I also enjoy intelligent conversations.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19596
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.