Agnostic.com

11 2

What is the point of living?

Unknownlearner 2 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is no point, in and of itself. Live simply exists. We create meaning by our own thoughts and actions, compounded over time and lives to create culture.

Living, learning and exploring.

Living

SamL Level 7 Oct 22, 2017

Well, besides eating and sex, along the way we hope to enjoy art, music, nature, laughter, conversation, family, friends, and hopefully create relationships with others that bring joy to you both. Because after that you just rot. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I look at this way... We all eventually die. In the meantime we are on an adventure where we ourselves have some (even if limited) influence over the experiences we will have. Personally I am curious to see what happens and what is possible. I may a well see things out to the natural end.

eat, poop and xxx.

mzee Level 7 Oct 22, 2017

To reproduce and see that your offspring survive and do the same, from the biological point of view nothing else matters. Do you have anymore questions?

I think the only point to life is to enjoy it while you have it, and live it as though each day is going to be your last, because you can never know when that proverbial bus is going to come around the corner.

Maybe if you believed in that reincarnation thing, it's to learn something this time around. 😉

There is none. But, to challenge what I presume is warranted in the question: Does living need a "point"?

Literally? There isn't one, at least, one that doesn't involve survival to propagate genes.
Metaphorically? To find the point living for ourselves.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1963
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.