Agnostic.com

4 0

Illegitimi non carborundum. Thoughts?

S1Higgs 2 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Language studies.

Of course. We have the power to ignore and live our lives in a happier way. That is why divorce is legal!! In Spanish we have a saying: No tiene la culpa el Indio, sino el que lo hace compadre. The literal translation is irrelevant, but the idea roughly translates into: the person doing the damage to you would not be doing so if you had not invited him/her into your life. “Life is very short, and there’s no time for fussing and fighting my friend. I have always thought that is a crime.” Lennon&McCartney.

"...is a mock-Latin aphorism meaning "Don't let the bastards grind you down". (The real Latin language phrase with the meaning would be Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.)" - wikipedia. Correct?

Which bastards? 😛

Yes good motto - (I learnt it as bastardos nolite carborundorum)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19833
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.