Agnostic.com

5 0

What's one thing you own that is unlikely anyone will realize the purpose of?

For me, I have a bidet installed on my toilet, but it just looks like some sort of odd device.

PolyWolf 7 Oct 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Homemade nut cracker grandpa made.

clue...I knit

Hm. I'm coming up empty here. Some sort of needle protection? Didn't think knitting needles needed anything so drastic though.

@PolyWolf It is a thread cutter worn as a necklace...see the little notches? There are razor sharp blades in there, protected of course, so it can be worn on a plane! ha ha

@thinktwice Ohhh! I actually should have known that. My mother was a seamstress and taught all her boys to sew, but not knitting (because she doesn't knit). Now you point it out, it's really obvious, and I think she had something of that nature too. Thanks for the knowledge!

@PolyWolf ha ha I knit socks so the yarn is thinner and can be cut with these...I have several of different designs. How cool that you know how to sew!

A bed big enough for two.

Oof. You do realize you could easily charm your way into a bed big enough for three quite easily, right? You got it where it counts, bud: the brain hole.

@PolyWolf hasn't happened yet...but I appreciate what may very well the nicest and dirtiest compliment anyone has ever given me.

I have many things that most people wouldn't recognize.

Right...so what's one thing you'd pick that you think is the least recognizable as anything?

@PolyWolf Here is one thing.

@sfvpool Sort of just looks like the leg of a table, or maybe a really, really fancy polo stick (don't know the name of those). How far off am I?

@PolyWolf Did you click on the photo, so you could see all of it? It is a length of 1/2" magnetic recording tape attached to a one ounce weight. It is used to calibrate a magnetic tape tension meter.

@sfvpool I did, just had no idea that's a thing. I like it! Thank you for the knowledge.

i have a metal parrot and a metal crocodile. they may not at first glance appear also to be, respectively, a bottle opener and a nutcracker.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:198570
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.