Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK The Five-Year-Old Who Was Detained at the Border and Persuaded to Sign Away Her Rights | The New Yorker

That poor baby. When in the hell is a 5 year old allowed to sign legal documents?

HippieChick58 9 Oct 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is both unscrupulous and unconscionable.

This administration has to go.

How can a person that age sign a document like that?

I believe without an adult of legal age who is a proper guardian or at least a legal advocate, it is a violation of law... but I don't 'think law really concerns them.

I just shake my head in sadness. Do any of the people doing these things step back and say "Wait just a damn minute. What the hell I am doing?" They are lacking both introspection and empathy (and humanity?)

Ohub Level 7 Oct 12, 2018

That can't be legal.

The Bush administration did not let a "little thing" like torture being illegal and a war crime stop them from doing it. To this day if George W. Bush goes to some countries he would be arrested for war crimes. I doubt "legal" really concerns this administration . Look at all the convictions and guilty pleas so far from Trump's inner circle.

@snytiger6 True.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:199075
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.