Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK After Almost 40 Years Polio Might be Back in the United States | Katie Paulson

You can thank those persons who are against vaccinations....

#USA
snytiger6 9 Oct 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You Go, anti-vaccers! I want each & every one of you anti-vax dickheads to go to YouTube Now and type in "living in an iron lung", one of the delightful public service films inflicted on me after lunch at least once a term in every grade until the polio vaccine arrived in 5th grade, all about how life will be just peachy in an iron lung. Be sure to watch until the end, when the camera pulls back to show Rows of the things keeping kids alive. And you wonder why old people are Warped??!!?

Well, there's one good thing I got out of the army. The army does not mess around when when it comes to vaccines. We got polio and a bunch of others all in the same day.

Remi Level 7 Oct 13, 2018

Many living now have no idea the demon that polio is. I realize this is only a related virus, but wonder if full vaccination might cross protect or moderate disease. Awful!

Zster Level 8 Oct 12, 2018

Yes,confined to a iron lung or similar machine for the rest of their lives....

Probably the only images that come to mind of persons who had polio are Joni Mitchell and FDR, and people think it really cant' be all that disabling based on what those persons accomplished. They have no idea. One of my older cousins was confined to a wheelchair, and he was one of the more fortunate.

@snytiger6 My highschool boyfriend's uncle lost use of his arms due to that beastly virus. Modern people are fortunate not to know.

@Zster On the brighter side, of the three types of polio, at least one has been made extinct (accordign to a TED Talk), so there are only two types left.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:199680
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.