Agnostic.com

5 1

Bias

Do you have certain biases in your character? How do you try and overcome them? How do you deal with bias when it is directed at you?

Levi_Hinton 7 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have biases toward my vices; don't want to give them up. But, seriously, yes I think most of us have them. The important thing is how do we act on them? It's human nature, I think, to have biases, but what we have to examine in ourselves is, are they harmful to us, or not? Do they make our life easier, harder, or have no real effect?

I honestly cannot think of an instance, at this moment, when bias was directed at me. If there was I was oblivious to it.

I have extreme bias against cruelty, haters, and especially labelers, as i feel once you label someone it becomes much easier to be cruel to them/hate them.

If I have them I don't do anything to overcome them. If they are directed at me, I can't say I would care.

I believe everyone has biases. I am biased against obesity, smoking, public profanity, just to name a few. I strive not to let it overcome me to the point of being obnoxious or cruel. As far as biases against me, well I just don't give a fuck, unless it prevents me from enjoying my life as I see fit.

I know I do. Sometimes, I try to overcome them, others I let it ride.
Same goes for when bias is directed at me. Most of it really depends on
my mood, and whether I want to fight it out or not.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19995
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.