Agnostic.com

7 0

Should children be placed back in homes where they were once abused?

"For the first two years of his life, Mikey lived with Ms. Buck, who was actively manufacturing and using methamphetamine. The Pediatric Resource Center for Child Abuse and Neglect (PRC) in Peoria, Illinois examined Mikey and documented multiple injuries he incurred while under the care of his mother, including: severe bruising, blunt force trauma, a human bite mark, black eyes, anal bleeding and tear, forehead bruising, rope burns, burned fingers, sores, misplaced hips, and excessive dental problems."

The mother could be clean and no longer abusive now. She might not. It seems he was better off with the woman who he first hugs.

1:46 "She used to hurt me." :'(

joeymf86 8 Oct 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

why would this question even need to be asked? children should be safe. period.

g

Because cases like in the video exist.

Of course not - children should never be forced to return back to a home where they were abused.

I think Christians should be allowed to indoctrinate their own children if they want.

AceV Level 2 Oct 13, 2018

What does this have to do with the question?

No,too many harmful memories of abuse,will scar the child,I would hope if he ever becomes a parent,the abuse does not continue on in his kids.

I have cared for lots and lots of parents who take drugs. Drugs don't necessarily make people into bad parents. Hitting or neglecting or otherwise abusing a child should always mean you lose the right to be a parent.

No. Abusers never change.

No! Drugs may have escalated the abuse, but once an abuser always an abuser. At the very least, short supervised visit and go from there. Absolutely heartbreaking that innocent children have to endure the failures of government.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:200220
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.