Agnostic.com

7 1

Why is god egotistical ?

Why would a loving God want us to praise him and sing to him, pray to him and remind him of how wonderful he is ? And then if we didn't he would damn us to hell for upsetting him . What a arrogant dick .

Lemonhead526 4 Oct 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because man is..

As i was reading this, i was reminded of the simpsons episode where lisa unwittingly created life and then bart godzilla'ed the shit out of the civilization. Also thinking there is place to consider the baby-of-the-family syndrone. (We are a moody bunch! ?) And finally, watching program on the tel-e-vision -overheard reminder that the titans are the gods parental units. Now somewhere in my jumble of thoughts is a cohesive answer i'm not focused enough to convey with eloquence. (And to the ones asking why this question is on an atheist/agnostic site, where else could this question be debated with intelligence?? In my opinion, its all story, and making our -ism stronger, we gotta figure out their rules and the cracks in the foundation of the others'😉 .

God, as a product of man, embodies many of our psychological flaws.

Probably because he's never had a time-out.

God is just a projecting of the only sort of leader / ruler known in the time the Bible was authored. Such rulers demanded absolute fealty as a means of staying in power, as the whole political mechanism was "might makes right". Not so coincidentally, all such leaders were to some degree insecure and paranoid, rightly understanding at some level that they were just ordinary humans who rose to where they were mostly through happenstance and dumb luck, and could be supplanted just as easily.

In this light it's easy to understand the overweening need for adulation.

I know this is weird but even before I looked at your profile, I knew you were British. I can always tell these things. I'd have guessed at a Scouser too.

Why would atheists give one rats' ass about a question like this? We must ASSume gawd exists to even think about it.....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:200277
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.