Agnostic.com

6 1

Anybody out there dealing with muscle and back pain?

I spent 3 hours standing at the kitchen island working on deboning chicken..
. My arms and back and joints hurt... I've been getting more of a pain in my neck too... I'm falling apart over here...ugh. it's 1:30 in the morning. I had to get out of bed... my arm and should was paining me....

BucketlistBob 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have really bad spine, and upper body joint pain. I just try to stay active, and I get by with a little hep from my friends.

I guess I need to be more active...

@BucketlistBobGet back on your motor cycle🙂

I had severe back pain , along with sciatica, and frequent muscle spasms in the hips, for 14 years. A laminectomy (removal of a ruptured disk) solved the problem. But, if a doctor ever recommends spinal fusion, tell him or her, "No Way!" Fusion almost never works.

My wife has a degenerated disc... poor baby.

@BucketlistBob I have empathy for your wife.

@wordywalt. Thank you... that's very kind...

Nothing for me to complain about. I have a degenerative disc in my back. It's more of an annoyance than a pain. Once in a while it hurts where I would consider it pain. My brother got hurt at work a few years ago and had back surgery. His pain was either the same or worse after he had the surgery. He's in pain every day and takes pain killers. At one point he got dependent on the more powerful pain killers. Now he's taking lower strength pain killers. If I can avoid back surgery the rest of my life, I will.

Damn.... that's terrible.

@BucketlistBob Were you cutting meat for every Super Bowl party in the state? 3 hours? Lol

@Piece2YourPuzzle I Devine my chicken . It cooks better that way. Plus when I fire up the grill I go ahead and cook some for my neighbor pluss save some for making my gumbo's. I buy 4 bags of drumsticks and thighs. I Devine them. Now you have 2 bags . I cook them . Now you have one bag. You keep some out for yourself and your neighbor and you freeze the rest... that's some work but it's worth it...

I had severe pain for years. Doctors could not tell me why. Then it got to the point I could not function. Found a good rhuematologist who found the problem. Autoimmune arthritis. Similar to rheumatoid but a little different. Long name - undiferentiated spondyloarthritis. Or USpA.

Yeah... I got arthritis too... it sucks.

I've dealt with it my entire life. I stretch at least an hour of every day just to stay loose. Whenever I have a task like that, I actually sit down so that I can keep my head up and glance down at what I'm doing. It's the looking down that causes my back and neck to get stiff. Washing dishes is the worst for me, but cutting food up comes next.

Yep... 3 hours of cutting meat got to me...

I've got a lower back thing going and I can't figure out why!

Been trying to stretch it out, but no luck.

I remember the good old days when I didn't make a noise when I stood up.

Last night was bad... laying down hurt my back...ugh!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20121
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.