Agnostic.com

16 4

What life-altering things should every human ideally get to experience at least once in their lives?

Elvi 5 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Go on Semester at Sea. The most amazing experience of my life. semesteratsea.org

Remi Level 7 Mar 21, 2018

Ok , I change my answer because good sex is an experience that is hard to top. I’ve been divorced over a year and have been celibate( what a polite word?). Time to get back in the mix .

I think everyone should experience at least once the love of another human who accepts and appreciates you and all that you are.

Social work in places far away from privileges like the tribal settlements, Africa.
Teach children who can not afford to learn.
Adopt a kid.
Then ofcourse, travel around the world as a vagabond.

Dreams I cherish.. Just don't know how and where to start.. Problems of a middle class family man.

Traveling as much as possible -hammock in the jungle, hammock on the beach, learning languages, eating strange foodstuffs, sailing, learning new skills, fetishes - crossing a desert on a camel train

get on or get a fast motorbike and go scary fast or free falling out of a plane.

Die and then be brought back to life, it changes your whole perspective on life. It made me a kinder more understanding person

Everyday should be life changing ...look at a flower clearly, completely, you will live your life in total amazement, your mind will never be the same

For those in the US, get out of Dodge (go to a foreign country). Get a world view. Get away from your home town. Go in to the military. Live by yourself. Be alone.
A cool thing for me was watching my first daughter being born.

Childbirth.

I got nuthin, so will be watching this post with interest for ideas.

A near death experience. (Not that kind. Like a bullet wizzing past your head. Focuses the mind!)

The bullet wizzing does tend to make one come to life.

love, ice cream, puppies

Total acceptance, from within and without..

Sex for starters and in every imaginable position and way that is not damaging. (IMHO)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20134
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.