Agnostic.com

28 7

Thoughts on Satanism?

Satanism/The Church of Satan seems like a decent pseudo-religious group (though I realize there are multiple with overlapping tenets). From what I have read they use their classification as a religion to combat oppressive legislation & encourage values similar to what this website's guidelines are. So I was just wondering if anyone had any additional thoughts/information, experience, etc. Though I don't have a religious affiliation, I would consider joining them - The Satanic Temple specifically. Thanks!

Decieven 7 Oct 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What specifically about them intrigues and piques your curiosity enough to consider joining them?

SamL Level 7 Oct 22, 2017

I like the idea of a non-theistic religion that has affirmative values and symbols, but doesn't require you to stop thinking critically or accept supernatural claims.

Humanism is great. But it doesn't really offer any narratives, symbols or psychologically beneficial rituals. That's one thing TST satanism has going for it over vanilla atheism or humanism.

If you don't believe in religion then why would you join an organization that names itself after their Demon? do like their tenets of faith though

It sounds as though the name is used in a tongue in cheek way, so they could possibly be a group of atheist/agnostic/free thinkers who would be refreshing to join. I have not had any personal contact or experience of them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2014
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.