Agnostic.com

12 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have subscribed to Scientific American for years and read it cover to cover. Wonderful post. I believe we are all one and physics shows this also, but then what is one in the world of quantum physics. Thei idea of multiple universes is very apitizing.

EMC2 Level 8 Oct 21, 2018

make it easy for a dictator to take over

2+2=1?

Seems to me we are all components of the whole... Including all sets of opposites, balancing out each other, perhaps striving for harmony. We may all define ourselves in one way, separate of our opposite counterparts, but we are all fractional making up the whole.

We will Create Division and Fractions!!!!

If we truly were one, and could feel the pain and joy of others etc., then it would make sense that people would be nicer and more helpful towards each other. That's not the case though. I mean we can be compassionate and empathetic, but it's not direct. Is that because at some point we all grew apart from each other? Would that even be a valid theory on it? As far back as people go there was harm done to each other.

I think it's just a matter of perception. We can only perceive our little piece of the universe and only experience our own bodies directly, and this makes us feel like self-motivated individual units. It takes a different kind of perception to realize oneness, and it is not tied to religion.

Good article, I think of oneness quite often. I think that a lot of the world’s problems are created by these mental divisions and the mistrust they generate.

We are all one human species.

It would be very still very quiet, and totally boring.

Unlike the guy below me, I like the article. I fear that tribalism is a stronger human drive than a belief in oneness, nevertheless.

I would've landed in the 12.5% ?

Excellent! Thanks.

skado Level 9 Oct 15, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:201455
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.