Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK Cannabis in Canada: Who wins and who loses under new law - BBC News

One look and 5 minutes of listening to Trudeau, and I knew Canada was going to kick arse and take names. I keep babbling about place to visit... I do have some friends in Canada.

UrsiMajor 8 Oct 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The debate on this is old. MJ is not worse than booze, is not a gateway drug. Medical benefits are well documented and CBD oil does not have a high THC content. I have not smoked in years but edibles (twice in 2 years) are fun. I don't drive or operate equipment. Same rules of use as drinking should be applied and regulation of drugs by the medical profession are already in place. I wish Trudeau were our president.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

As a Canadian and someone that has never used marijuana. I also fully understand the need for medical use of it. This is going to be a big challenge for the next few years and should be.. Canada is a test case for other nations.

My province(Manitoba) has had tough smoking regulations for decades. I would hate to think that would change due to this. Like America, each province has always had differing regulations on a host of items.

As an RN and parent, I have concerns about how this is regulated to Dr’s, nurses, bus drives, pilots, etc. THC can stay in your body for a month as it is fat soluble.

Personally, being Canadian, I see at least the next few years to be a complete clusterfuck. Even though the law is federal, each province and municipality decide what the regulations are individually. The regulations for public workers and emergency service workers are also different from other people and in different provinces and municipalities. So far, most people are confused as to where, when, how you are permitted or not permitted to grow, buy, and use cannabis. The regulations can also be different for different forms or ways of using cannabis (smoking it, eating it, using CBD oil, etc.). In my province, selected government licensed stores can sell cannabis. In another province (was it Ontario or Quebec?), you can only buy from the government's online site (no store front). In Edmonton, you are not allowed to smoke pot in public within 10 m of any door or window. In some places, that puts you in the middle of the road in traffic!!! It may sound nice that pot is legal in Canada in two days. But the restrictions are insane!!!

Just FYI, I don't use or smoke pot at all. Never have and never will.

So , it's basically like the US?

@UrsiMajor Recreational cannabis is not legal federally in the US though.

We shpuld have a group meeting in Niagra ! 🙂

Oh I agree with you, Justin has been absolutely wonderful. And to think trump is at war of words with such a great leader. Yes legalization has happened in Canada. Now the AG is thinking of ways to stop it. Another wall? I live in Florida and though we have legal medical , we cannot get it nor would anyone want it.

EMC2 Level 8 Oct 15, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:201699
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.