Agnostic.com

13 2

This experience may be more of a guy thing of not paying attention. Do you find your fingernails sometimes suddenly get way too long? It's as if they were just fine moments ago and now need to be cut desperately.

astrochuck 6 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't know if this is sexist of me, but I ABHOR longer than absolutely SHORT nails on a man. This should be in that other thread about "petty reasons you wouldn't date somebody." If I met a man who was all that and a bag chips and had one or more long fingernails, it just wouldn't happen.

A friend's husband has one long nail and the rest are not exactly short. It's gross.

They grow about the rate of hair. If I were a man, I'd keep the clippers visible and would do it every time I shaved -- or at least every weekend.

@astrochuck I am seriously laughing!! That is the BEST kind of wit! Good for you! Wish I could think quickly like that.

And their growth is uneven. I'll clip all my nails on both hands that show any length at all, then a few days later notice that the nails on one hand need clipping again while those on the other hand are still fine.

I always hope that some day I'll catch them in the act of growing. I may have to be sneakier than I have to date to do so, though. Maybe if I glance at them quickly in a mirror I can catch them unaware.

My fingernails grow so sloowwwww. I swear my son's grow noticeably longer by the hour. Lol

I especially notice that with my toe nails.

Yar.

YES!!!! About once a week, and I almost need bolt cutters.

@astrochuck a chainsaw did come to mind between the growth rate and strength of them, I think that is part of the problem, they don't wear down. Glad I am not a chewer, I would break my teeth.

Chuck have you been watching too many werewolf movies? that said I think I share that.THere is a point they just HAVE to be trimmed

@astrochuck real fast and all of a sudden they are looking in the mirror or at their nails thinking where did they come from all of a sudden

All the freaking time! Women envy my nails.

@astrochuck I, and other women I know, always check out a man's nails and hands. Yes, well-groomed hands are definitely a plus! (Of course, this, as with anything I say, is MY opinion.) 🙂

Lol I was just checking my nails thinking the same thing before I read this post

did you clip them?

@btroje nah I bite them like the dirty beast that I am !!

@SimonMorgan1 Ewwwwwwwww........at least you don't do it around others, right? (I hope.)

More so toenails with me

Yes. I see that you are 65 years old. I am 80 and it is because time seem to pass so quickly for us older folks.

No sir! I keep a very close eye on my fingernails; clean them probably 2 or 3 times/day. Now, toenails; ahhh, different story--outta sight, outta mind.

ALMOST my kinda nail man!!! LOL! Try a pedicure! It feels great; guys are getting them more and more and the time; AND gross toenails and unkempt feet on men are.....well.....gross. I'm not averse to feet in general -- unless they are not part of regular hygiene.

@BlueWave my toes/toenails aren't unattended, or gnarly, or anything, I just don't trim the nails as often as the ones on my fingers.

@Condor5 Have you ever had a pedicure?

@BlueWave no, I have not. Not sure I'd feel comfortable with someone else fiddling with my lower digits.

@Condor5 Well, if you are not completely against somebody touching your feet, I cannot recommend that you at least consider grabbing a book or your smart phone, some comfy pants and give it a try. I've never met anybody -- except those who are extremely ticklish -- who doesn't like a pedicure -- man and woman.

@BlueWave I will seriously consider that, my friend. Thank you for the advice.

All the time! I'm a girl but try to keep them short and neat.

MsAl Level 8 Feb 1, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20213
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.