Agnostic.com

40 6

You slept with how many?

Do you think it's appropriate or inappropriate to ask someone you're dating how many sexual partners they have had?

• 37 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 16 votes
SonderOpia 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments (26 - 40)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it's fair to ask. But you should be ready to accept " I'm not going to answer that" as an answer.

I voted "LOL" though I lean toward the first choice. The point is that if you're having fun, who cares? My position is that the information will come out if it is needed, and if not, the point is moot.

It is very appropriate... if you plan to have sex with the person.

I am more concerned with HIV status, last tiem they were tested for HIV/STDs.

I love learning about a partner's sexual history and I love sharing mine with a partner. I put no judgements on answers, it's just interesting to know about someone.

What difference does it make?

It's not that I've had many, many partners. It's that I've had each partner many, many times.

Aaaaaaah! 🙂

A bald-faced question like that would turn me off! With some teasing & coaxing, I might quote Bette Midler: " way up in double digits", lol!

I'm both experienced, and a regular blood donor - that's all the information needed !

I don't need to know or hear about it and I am not telling either.

Unless asked I don't answer.

I'm more interested in what they have in the way for VD & STD's. Other than that , it's trivial pillow talk .

Dougy Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

I started to date a woman who felt that she should tell me. That was our last date! I didn't care much one way or another, but the idea that she thought I had to know made me want out of the relationship immeduately!

So you ditched a woman because she was open and honest with you? What was so bad with telling you? Maybe she wanted to let you know so you can make a decision if you want to sleep with her or not or if you want to go get tested or if she had any STDs. I mean why did you just ditch her?

SonderOpia, I have "ditched" a number of women (as I too have been "ditched" ), because why spend time with someone you are not interested in....just so we could both add another notch on our bedposts?

I think it can be important. Might be relevant but also might not be. I'd rather know about recently and how many times they where married. My ex wife lied about that. Yup she's much the way men get accused of being.

I care about sexual health and avoided infected partners

You don't know that. A lot of STD/STIs have little to no symptoms. Also some people don't know they even have an STD they could be a carrier and it may not ever show up on them. Some people just lie. Also there are other ones that you can still get WITH a condom on.

@SonderOpia totally agree with you

@SonderOpia thank you for illustrating my point discussing past partners can reveal thus

To put it in a song...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20220
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.