Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Indigenous Suicide in Canada

Why no pushups to highlight this?

Krish55 8 Oct 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Unfortunately, this is not news. This is a decades olds issue. It’s complicated beyond this short story as only a Canadian would understand. Canada’s First Nations people have suffered for a very long time. They have alcohol related deaths five times the average Canadian. Women suffer violence at the hands of thier partners at three times the national average. Despite the many programs and task forces I’ve seen over the years, including a financial and land settlement... nothing in these communities seem to have improved. I did a lot of outreach and there seem to be so much hopelessness, but not exactly sure why.

They lost Land, which was the source of their livelihood and identity! The comment below explains… But you already know all of this…?

@Krish55 that was 150 years ago. They have more advantages that any other Canadian yet few take the opportunity.

I think you will find similar statistics in the US , australia and anywhere the first nations were decimated during colonization

We need to re light the fire we are coming back to unite the world,!!!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:202725
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.