Agnostic.com

9 3

Do any members here believe in reincarnation? That is my personal belief, and I was wondering I had any company here.

marga 7 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's called recycling, lol.

marga Level 7 Feb 2, 2018

I know; it's been commercialized just like religion. It seems that every day there are more and more people in it just for the money, trying to scam people. It makes it difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff--and difficult to dismiss as another type of religion.

marga Level 7 Feb 2, 2018

if you are willing to weaken the definition a bit yes. All of us here will re-enter the food chain one day.

I can not say what is going to happen after I die. There are theories of love at first sight are souls recognizing each other from previous unions in time. Do not bring the gold diggers!!!! All I can do is wait... If I was supposed to return to do a mission in this life... I recognize I failed and I shall return as many times as possible until I get it right. I believe is possible... and explain a lot about our "human reactions and behavior". Honest... I believe more in the existence of a soul than of an alien... so for now is above my Paygrade and my Understanding.

Not me; born once, live once - Atheist ~

Varn Level 8 Feb 2, 2018

Maybe not a reincarnation, maybe it's even freakier than we can imagine. I read in a Scientific American article on the nature of the universe and us, speculating (and some very prominant physcists are not denying the possibility or even likelyhood) that we are actually 3d projections of 2 dimensional beings. That article wagged my brain. This one is not the same but from the same source.
www.scientificamerican.com/article/universe-really-is-a-holo/

I am an annual subscriber to Scientific American and read it issue cover to cover. Yes science is now truly engaged in some dimensional understanding. First , regarding reincarnation, we must realize that all our atoms are 14 billion years old. We the human being consist completely of 14 billion year old material With that our atoms are reincarnated into an energy system of some sort.
Now with the emerging data on black holes and the non destruction of energy, we realize the absolute possibility of another time and space equal to that seen in Quantum Physics

@EMC2 i am not looking bad for 14 billion years old

@btroje Now we are getting it Looking bad is a measure of time relative only to a previous moment

Sorry, a nice thought, maybe. But no, I see no evidence of it or reason for it. Genetic memory is a possibility though, maybe, ok, slight maybe.

Yup!
I was born remembering the time before I was conceived, and my sister also remembered a past life.
I remember many past lives, and googled a few of the incidents I remembered, and found the details I remembered to be true. But I can't "prove" anything about it, and don't want to, or care. I only accessed past memories to find the origins of certain fears, for instance.

For example, all my life I had an irrational fear of knowing how much money I had. If I had to check my bank account, for instance, my stress levels would get so high I'd almost have a panic attack, and I could feel myself believing that if anyone found out, I'd be killed.

I wondered if that was from a past life, so I traced that back to when I was a 19 year old Jewish boy hiding with my family in the basement of a friend in Bulgaria during the 1940s. We were planning to escape on a boat at the river that night, but I made the mistake of sneaking into town to withdraw my hard-earned money from the bank first, and someone who knew I was a Jew, saw and reported me.

That night as we were escaping to the river, we were ambushed and shot. I later googled the incident and found that even if we'd made it to the boat, our government had secretly sold us out to the Nazis, and all the escaping Jews were killed when they arrived.

I used a mind healing technique I'd learned, and imagined the incident the way it should have happened..no war, no killing of Jews, we continued to live prosperous lives as usual.

But after that, the fear of checking on my money was gone.

There are many studies of very young children who remember past lives, where researchers verified the details, even taken the children to the families they remembered, where they identified family members and past friends, recalling incidents accurately.

@ArashL You could just google a list, but here are some of the Kindle books I already have: Children Who Remember Previous Lives: A Question of Reincarnation, second edition, Ian Stevenson, M.D., Reincarnation: Exceptional of Past Life Memories, by Eirik Leivsson, The Laughing Cherub Guide to Past-Life Regression: A Handbook for Real People, by Mary Elizabeth Raines, 12 Real Life Reincarnation Stories in the News: Global Evidence of Reincarnation and Past LIves, edited by Richard Bullivant

I don't believe in anything for which I have no evidence. Show me evidence of reincarnation so I may examine it myself and I may start believing in it.

WE just need not think about things in human terms. Our atoms will certainly become in union with something else and is that a reincarnation? But to think we come back as a human in totality is not so

I guess her original question is about consciousness. Has our consciousness lived in different bodies, at different times? And what each body experiences, is it etched in our consciousness in a way that the most current body can recall them?
In that sense... I need evidence. Books, are not peer-reviewed scientific papers for the most part, so I will need actual research papers and documentation. But I'm only willing to spend enough time on the subject as necessary to make a cursory judgement.

@Elsantoasauro Actually, that's not what I meant. Just plain and simple question asking if one believes in reincarnation.

@marga Then let's agree first on a definition for reincarnation. What is your definition. Mine is above.

@Elsantoasauro No, I'm sorry, I'm not going to get caught up in a discussion. 🙂

@marga I just want to give you an answer. If my answer was not satisfactory because we are not using the same definition, then let's clarify the definition, and then I'll give an answer. I wasn't fishing for a discussion.

@Elsantoasauro I know, and I'm sorry. It's not you, it's me. I just don't have the energy right now.🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20308
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.