Agnostic.com

2 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is the usual, he is the best, baddest, smartest, most successful thing to hit the planet earth, rhetoric. No surprise there. He just makes shit up as he goes along and when he realizes that he may have just said the wrong thing, does a 180 degree turn....in the same sentence.
The thing that worries me most though is when he said
"........but the wrong person coming in after me, sitting right at this desk, can destroy it very quickly if they don't do the right thing."
That statement right there is the single most worrying thing to me. Is he alluding to the fact that he is never going to vacate the seat because no-one else can do the job as well as he can? Is that the angle he is going to take in order to convince his followers that he should stay and never leave?

yes I agree with your assessment. He is testing the waters - if he thinks enough of his base will support a change to the constitution which will allow him to serve more than 2 terms (or till he dies - please kill me now) he will definitely try to make it happen.

@Lavergne He likes to give the impression that he is a dolt, but I would never underestimate him or his intentions.

@patchoullijulie yea - he is not smart - but he is crafty and clever and understands how to manipulate people. Those are the worst - most dangerous - kind.

he was rather pleased when CHina made some changes allowing president for life or something similar just a few months ago

@btroje Yep, I noticed that too.

If he said the ocean was salty, I wouldn't believe him.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:203145
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.