Agnostic.com

18 3

What did you think of the Twilight saga novels?

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My oldest wanted to read them when she was about 9 or 10. I reluctantly read them first because I wanted to make sure they were appropriate for her. I'm just a little embarrassed to say I got completely sucked into them within the first couple pages. Completely. And yes, I've re-read them a few times.

Please don't judge me.

Good escapism.
However adore the Anita Blake series. Vampires and Shape Shifters for adults.

LOVE them! I have all dvds and anything to do with vampires, zombies, etc. I got.. But if I had to pick, True Blood is the best vampire series out there to date.

Only saw the movies so I can not comment.

My wife was a fan so I got dragged to the theater for the films. They started OK but got progressively worse and "Breaking Down" was by far the worse.

gearl Level 8 Feb 2, 2018

It's a snooze fest.

I did nearly fall asleep reading those books, though. Just read them cause I was trying to figure out what all the hype was over.

I'm with team Van Helsing to wipe out both vampires and werewolves in that series. Just kidding. I've not watched one movie.

I didn't care for the movies. I enjoyed the books. For me The Host was a great sci-fi book. I like Stephanie Meyer because to me she's extremely visual. She should have made a series of The Host for me.

Yeah. Just The Host was a super long movie it seemed like to me. Other than that, I enjoyed The Host.

@EmeraldJewel
Well the book was better. Loved the book.

I loved reading The Host but was very disappointed with the move.

@Marcie1974
The movie was terrible.
Not visual enough.

I've read them. They were good. I own the DVDs too.

I read and mostly enjoyed the wierdness - simple fast reads - until the last book which was full on crap.

Ugh, I hated Breaking Dawn.

My teenage granddaughter wanted me to read them so I could talk to her about them. I did, and thought them about right for a teen. When I was her age, I was just getting out of fairy tales and King Arthur. Didn't seem to hurt her. When my other granddaughter read them, I was just glad to see her reading ANYTHING.

That's really neat you and your granddaughter both read them. You are a "cool" grandma!

@Marcie1974 Thanks! That's what they tell me.

It was an a young adult thing.... i didnt get to in to it...sorry.

Hahaha! I read them and found out just how overrated they were.!

I admit it - I read them. A fun bit of fluff, nothing more nothing less 🙂

I hated them from the start. I grew up playing Ravenloft campaigns in AD&D and studying traditional folk lore so the idea of sparkly, teen angst vampires repulsed me from day one. I never read the books and a friend convinced me to watch the first movie with them. Before it started I told them exactly what would happen, politely sat through the whole thing and when it ended just said "well, I called that."

Good reading for early teens.

I haven't read them

Vampires that shimmer...no, just no.

More like pixies.

Crap. Can't say anything more.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20339
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.