Agnostic.com

11 5

Where do intelligent women in rural areas go to meet men?

-or- How do you signal to someone you might like in the public library without appearing to be a homeless person?

LukeJWalker 4 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find few single women in rural areas, I now live in a regional coastal area and meet so many women, many are single. a few are intelligent, none have the spark I seek.

Takesa class in something you really like and find a way to discuss what you have learned with the others; one of them may be your girl....o they may have sisters who "would love to meet you".
Become a member in a communnity center, attend conferences...Nutrition classes always bring good brains to the plate. Check your local Atheists groups.....

I’ve noticed they usually ‘pair up’ before going rural.. So I get to admire ‘educated’ men & women amid an ideal bucolic setting. The library was good, bring your laptop and you don’t look homeless.. But as usual, the ones I’m attracted to are married. I definitely appreciate the sophistication in nearby cities, though doubt they’d care to live in the country.. Find myself doing less and less in our village, and more and more walking alone 😟

Varn Level 8 Feb 2, 2018

urban areas?

I didn't even think about going to the library. Hmmm...

I don't.

Everyones too busy just looking down at their phones..

Adult and Community Education evening courses is a good place. You can brush up on a foreign language or learn Guitar. Meet people, not just men who have similar likes and needs. Our ACE groups in the area sponsor trips to flower shows, live theater and shopping in regionally central cites. Overseas tours sometimes show up. Art courses, Workplace skills and just plain fun courses are offered. Sometimes, its not just other students you meet, but you might even find an instructor or two that lights your fire.

The city!! hahah!! While I live in Phoenix now, I am from Yuma, and lived there until three years ago. I mainly dated men from San Diego and Phoenix, both only three hours away. Close enough to make it to either city in a few hours, far enough to not be in each others faces all the time. Best of luck!

Where in any area? how do you tell just by looking?

I come from NH which can be rural and suburban. As a single I joined a singles group out of Boston called Events and Adventures six years ago. I also did Meetup.com groups which are another way to meet singles. Never met anyone at the library but at singles dances.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20439
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.