Agnostic.com

3 5

QUESTION Earth's History Compressed in One Year | Continental Divide Trail | Travels

I find science facts like this very interesting. The history of Earth and evolution of life compressed into one year. Humans first appeared much later in the evening on December 31st. Amazing!

The sun would rise on December 31 and still no sign of humans. Finally, at 17:18, somewhere in Africa, the first clumsy hominids would stand up. During the last hours of the year, you’d see massive sheets of ice, as tall as mountains, cover America and Euroasia. Like an accordion, you’d see the ice sheets (glaciers) come and go four times in just a few hours. It would look like a global warming yo-yo gone wild.

With one hour to go before the year ends, Homo erectus shows up to the primate party.

At 23:30 the French start showing off their artistic talent: Cro-Magnon man draws cool paintings in some caves.

At 23:45 homo sapiens figure out how to make weapons of mass destruction: sharp knives and spears.

Around 23:55 civilization begins. Prostitution shortly follows. Egyptians, Babylonians, Greeks, and Romans each spend a minute building touristy buildings.

At 23:58 and 43 seconds, Jesus tells everyone to behave. We kill him a nanosecond later.

With just 20 seconds to go before the year draws to a close, Columbus bumps into America. Dick Clark is born and starts making a living counting down the seconds to the New Year. “Just 7 seconds to go!” announces Dick, and Americans sign the Declaration of Independence. In the final 7 seconds, we finally arrive at the crown jewel of billions of years of evolution: Megan Fox.

This comment had me laughing:

At 23:58 and 43 seconds, Jesus tells everyone to behave. We kill him a nanosecond later.

ballou 8 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good one ????

Any idea why those question marks keep popping up? I didn't put them there. Weird.

@Ride_Captain thanks, yeah I finally figured it out. Here you have to type a semi colon and right parenthesis for a wink face. 😉

I love the narrative!

At 23:30 the French start showing off their artistic talent: Cro-Magnon man draws cool paintings in some caves.

Thanks for sharing.

The guy wrote a funny and excellent article. You’re welcome..

Notice how Dick Clark was born before the signing of the Declaration of Independence? Very funny!

Hahaha....Yeah, the whole thing was well done.

In the final 7 seconds, we finally arrive at the crown jewel of billions of years of evolution: Megan Fox! lol

Ugh!

@CeciRosane60 the author of this article has the hots for her! lol

@balou so do you 😛

@CeciRosane60 I think she looks like a young Elizabeth Taylor in this photo.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20517
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.