Agnostic.com

13 3

How long have you identified as a non-theist?

This year, I will have been a non-theist for 20 years. How about you?

• 0 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 6 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 20 votes
silvereyes 8 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My first word in Farsi was fes fes zu (meaning slowpoke). It took me a long time to break the chains of religion and it actually took one certain event to be the tipping point. Even then it still took a while to get to where I am now. My once, partner-in-crime, who was from a Moslem country but was a lifelong Atheist pushed me to my present level.

All my life , but then again I,m only 64 !

since childhood

agnostic by 10, atheist by 15, anti theist by 25.

my mother was religious (not so much any more) my father was always an atheist but never spoke about his beliefs unless pressed.

All my adult life. I was 8 when I understood my family didn't believe, what all other families did believe and I was proud of that distinction. It was unquestionably isolating at times, but I made it through better for having survived it.

54 years and counting.

30 years this year!

I believe I was 15-16 years old.

Since I was a teen, I saw the light.. 🙂

Well before high school. I was already set in my beliefs about how the world worked.

I was 13 yrs old when I examined Catholicism and all religions. I discovered and embraced logic.

Only 2 years for me. I wish it was longer! At least I finally got out!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2053
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.