Agnostic.com

7 2

Have you heard enough of parents and their depravity in the news in the last 3 months?

I don't get onto Facebook much, but only to read articles of news and science/religion. I keep seeing on NTD posts, all these sick, depraved parents, and how they abused their kids. Or killed some of them. It's sad that people have kids and they cannot care for them properly. Why are people so malevolent? Do you get tired of seeing this in the news? Where are all the happy stories?

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here in Thailand, if I want to be bored with Brexit news, with occasional US coverage, I watch British SkyNews. If I want to be sickened with scenes of people suffering in Middle East conflicts, horrible human rights abuses in Africa, etc., I can watch Aljazeera.

If I want to see cheerful, upbeat, business news, with the latest technology innovations, I watch the Singapore news channel.
In the US, the news networks are basically political mouthpieces for one party or the other, hawking bad news about their enemies.

I vote for BBC for being the current least biased news outlet, or at least seemingly so.

Have I never?

happy stories don't make news

People don't need to be having children if they can't take care of them.

If 100 parents in America do atrocious things to their children its something on the order of 1 in a million who do so. It sucks, and there's a special place in hell for them (in this case, hell being prison) but its not something that really happens often.

I think making their crimes public is better punishment than what the courts give them.

Bad news sells

^^^ That's it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20676
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.