Agnostic.com

1 0

Is love real? Is it really nothing?

I need to discuss some answers.

BlasianMarket 2 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

no one knows, because love is an emotion, and everyone experiences emotions differently, albeit often similarly. there is a chemical component (not just endorphins but yeah them too), a sexual component, other components. everyone is unique. a lot of people can tell you what love is NOT, but no one can tell you definitively what love IS (though plenty of people will try). i forget who said (approximately) that in real love you want the other person's good, and in romantic love you want the other person. that's not definitive but it's a clue.

g

margaret anderson. that's who said the above.

g

What you and kissedbythesun say both have tremendous merit. I believe there are different types of love. All originate in the chemical processes in the brain, yet not all survive, or some morph or warp. Filial love is the most stable. There are most likely many environmental and genetic reasons for that. I don't think romantic love can ever last; unless it, as i said, morphs into some sort of love of companionship and sharing and fidelity.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:206843
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.