Agnostic.com

2 0

What should people get to know about family?

There are many different opinions. Some are parents, some want to be parents, some don't want that. What are good ways to bring up the subject? What are concerns that should be addressed?

WarmFluffy 7 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my line of work, I often will ask "Are you planning to raise a family?" and that will elicit some facts, such as "we both have kids from a previous marriage" or "yes, we hope to have kids someday" or "no, that's not on our plans, but what happens, happens."

This is a question that I would normally consider not any of my business, but I'm a wedding officiant, hired by the couple to write and perform a wedding ceremony script that is personal and fitting for the couple. Knowing their plans or history regarding children help me to craft the right wording.

sorry, not trying to be critical, but your question is rather vague. with whom do you wish to bring up this subject? people who want to have families should bring it up with their partners. no one should have to bring it up to them. it's not anyone else's business. if you're bringing up your own wish to have, or not have, a family, then the answer will be different depending on with whom you wish to bring up this subject, and what you want to say about it. everyone has different concerns. if you can be more specific, maybe i can answer.

g

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:206981
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.