Agnostic.com

1 1

Republicanism as a religion.

Or what Bill Maher calls the bubble. I really worry what is happening to America. Republicans, or perhaps more accurately the far right, are so gullible and willing to believe such distorted or imaginary "facts" to such an incredible level as to almost be with religious fervor. This is why you can't argue with a Trumpist about what a con man he really is: you might as well be arguing with a fundamentalists about evolution. And it would take the power of a theocracy to take down this democracy that is America. Thoughts?

godef 7 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Politics and religion go hand in hand.

"The 115th Congress was sworn in on Tuesday (1/4/2017), and once again, not one of the 535 members of the U.S. House or Senate has stated publicly that he or she doesn’t believe in God."

It's funny but not so much. Religion and politics are joined at the hip. I think religion was/is generated out of politics, the great man became a myth, an icon, a sovereign who developed a religious class as a tool to justify a divine right to lead. All our laws, the Bill of Rights, our currency, owe a debt to religion. So it's not surprising for Trump to present himself as defender of the faith.

Republican's tow the line, the party line. Recent poll indicated 87% of republicans support Trump and republicans represent 44% of registered voters.
They present a unified front. The Democrats on the other hand are like cats, which can't be herded. Putting their fate in with a well known and problematic couple only dumbs them down in my opinion.

cava Level 7 Feb 3, 2018

I agree. When a guy or gal thinks critically it’s hard to herd him or her. When you’re a pack animal such as Republicans tend to be you will follow the alpha male no matter what.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20709
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.