Agnostic.com

11 6

QUESTION A Catholic blogger says Christians shouldn’t do yoga.

As a person who does yoga, I am happy to know that it is now considered anti Christian!

Akfishlady 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do yoga everyday, and feel more connected to everything than anything any religious sect tried to trick me with. They use the word 'God' at one studio I go to, but clarify it as 'Whatever power energizes you'

There was a Christian Yoga class by my old house. They held it outside of the church. Must not have been sanctioned

Idiot blogger knows zero about Thomas Merton

Yeah, if you 'empty' your mind like in yoga or other eastern forms of meditation you can leave room for the devil to come in. Seriously- I've heard christians use this argument.

Make the smart choice then .. YOGA 🙂

I have never tried it, but plenty of people want me to. My problem is My work as a welder, and ag tractor mechanic pretty well destroy my joints. I am afraid yoga might just finish me off. I might seize up during the first sessions😕) I don't care what Xian's think.

This really isn't something new. I've been around Christians 20yrs ago that believed this.

I have always found some good comedy in reading Catholic blogs 🙂

I love yoga, I need to get my schedule under control so I can get back to it. I don't see yoga having any conflict with any religion, but then I'm kinda anti christian so what the hell do I know.

most Christians are too fat to do yoga.

@Akfishlady you are right, sorry a bit of a foul mood with them giving trump a mulligan.

@astrochuck If you want some inspiration, check this out:

@astrochuck I'm a Nebraskan who spent most of her life outside the state. I'm enlightened. Yoga would do you good. I took a class a couple of years ago, Curvy Girls Yoga, taught us how to adapt the moves to our bodies. Yoga is about being a better you. But you gotta do what feels right to you, stay in your comfort zone, it's safe there.

@astrochuck, wow.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20754
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.