Agnostic.com

3 6

QUESTION Maya ruins discovered in Guatemala: Civilization was much vaster than known, thousands of structures reveal - The Washington Post

Thanks to LIDAR, this amazing find has totally changed how we do Maya (and other) archeology.

BookDeath 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Native populations of the Americas were much larger, more interconnected, more sophisticated before Columbus than they thought a few years back.

I really love to hear this. The Mayan culture is fascinating. If you ever get chance to see them I highly recommend it. Here is a picture of that stone ring that they throw a ball through. I say having a site built for sports makes them an advanced civilization. Blow it up so you can see it🙂

@SteveB At least you can spell it🙂

@SteveB I want go again. Did you like the underground river with carved lime stone stairs going down to it? We went to another sight, but can't remember the name. I tried to up load picture but it didn't work. It was by the ocean.

I visited Tulum but was so rushed by the tour guide that I didn't feel done.

We know less than 10 percent of actual real history of the world. A lot of secrets hidden under mountains, mounds, inside jungles, under sands or ice and below water too.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20769
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.