Agnostic.com

30 2

I notice a lot of atheist groups, particularly "New Atheists" tend to side with apartheid Israel over justice for Palestine, usually based on the assertion that Muslims are backward and violent (ignoring Palestine's Christian population).

Thoughts?

WilliamCharles 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East. That should be enough for any one's support.
So one Prime Minister agreed to 98% of what the Palastinian demanded, way back in the '80s, & received rocket launches from Gaza. Israel will lose in the end as the Arabics have multitudes of spawn. The Israeli Arabs I met who vote, practice their religion freely, & are not required to serve in the military as the Judaics are, do not involve themselves in this dilemma. When Jordan, which IS Palestine, occupied Jerusalem, the Judaics were not permitted to worship or access their religious sites. Under Israel all religions are free to worship, except maybe the Scientologists. Do they even worship? Israel is the only government which changes hands peacefully in the area. The rest are monarchs, dictators or corrupt pseudo elected despots. Kings & 58,000 princes don't get my vote. Of course there is no vote for anyone in Saudi. Palestinians born there are not even citizens. They are nationless people. Born in Israel they are citizens with full rights. No Judaics left in Libya where the community lasted thousands of years. Sorry. I support Israel tho most liberals whine about the poor Palestinians who continue to stymie every attempt at peace by launching missiles into Israeli territory. Yes there are still injustices. Humans are unjust. The Sephardics vs the Ashkenazi is a schism within Judaic Israel. I often ask myself how I can side with the evangelicals on this issue when I abhor them on every other stance they take? I dunno. Peace.

[counterpunch.org]

Many good points about that claim here.

Apartheid and genocide lectures from a country that has over !% of it`s population in jail, most of them ethnic.
[via.library.depaul.edu]

I don't side with either. The fact that Israel was plopped down in the middle of a bunch of countries that didn't want it there.. well, that sucks. At the same time, it has been that way for a while, it is time for everyone to learn to get along. Both sides have committed atrocities, both sides are to blame for the destruction that the hate has caused. I am tired of being told I have to pick a side, but if I have to, I side with those in both "camps" that just want the fighting to stop.

“We are the only people on Earth asked to guarantee the security of our occupier...while Israel is the only country that calls for defense from its victims.”

? Hanan Ashrawi

Welcome to our humble site and may you find fun, friendship and happiness in our little home. Just be yourself.

@GipsyOfNewSpain - Thank you. I consider it a sign of respect to openly and honestly share my views. This sort of discourse helps me fine-tune my own.

@WilliamCharles yep... they are going to milk the holocaust until the 22nd century.

That I do not understand.

That many atheists take Israel's side over the Palestinians?

@WilliamCharles Yes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20770
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.