Agnostic.com

10 1

Anyone have experience dating someone who is religious?

Adronitis 4 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I've had the misfortune of dating a couple and actually marrying one. Religion didn't come up much during the time we were together, but she started going to church again after we separated. Maybe she needed to ask forgiveness for cheating. Most religious people I've met are untrustworthy and have no concept of honesty.

JimG Level 8 Apr 16, 2019

My ex was crazy Pentecostal. I'll never put myself through that ever again!

Yes, for 23 years. It finally broke us up. And I was glad. I won't date a bible thumper now at all!

Yeah, married one, and had to fake believe to appease her family. Then she was the "immoral one" which led to our divorce. It didn't necessarily mean much while we were married, but I don't want to date or marry a believer again. I seriously can't respect you 100% if you believe in something supernatural - or better defined as defying the laws of physics - with zero evidence.

Yes. He was my opposite. A Conservative Christian. I don't regret it, because I learned somethings from him, and about myself. He turned out to be manipulative, and lied about the smallest things when there was no need to. Found that out towards the end. However I did ignore some red flags along the way, but I needed what I needed, and he was good about giving me those things. He was polite and nice, and I had a good time, but for the things I mentioned. No regrets.

Forgot to mention that I don't want to date any more religious conservatives. I want to find someone with similar ideals and philosophies.

I tried dating a born again-Christian, a medical doctor on Fitness Singles. He turned out to be a right-wing Republican and a gun nut with over 100 guns, including seven assault rifles and a machine gun.

"You have been open about your beliefs; I want to share some of my beliefs," he wrote in an email after three dates. I was horrified. He is the antithesis of me. I dumped him immediately.

"Anal sex is the ultimate in submission," he said. "You FIRST," I retorted. "You go get f-cked up the ass by a well-hung man and tell me how you liked it!"

I imagine his belief that women should submit sexually comes from the Bible.

On dating websites, I always check "Atheist" under religion.

The believer are so dishonest about there belief it can make dating diffculit.

Three dates ?!?!?!?!. Oh my. The absolute horror

@Bigwavedave

His redeeming feature was flying in his private airplane. I loved it.

"Where do you want to go?" Bill asked.

"Fly west toward Stevens Pass, then go northeast up the beautiful Napeequa Valley," I replied. "I want to see the alpine lakes where I love to hike."

Spectacular!

@Bigwavedave

Two of our dates were beautiful flights over the mountains in his private airplane. Spectacular!

For the third date, I introduced Bill to snowshoeing in the mountains. He loved it. See photo.

After that, Bill sent an email with his extreme, right-wing beliefs. Horrified, I dumped him.

I did. It was right after my divorce. Did not work out

Unfortunately I’m divorced because my husband of 15 years found religion. We became not worthy anymore. I won’t make that mistake again.

No. I believe a positive relationship should be based on mutual respect and honesty. As an atheist, I can not respect a person who bases their belief system on the dishonest premise that faith (belief without evidence) is a methodology to determine (Truth) things that are testable and demonstrated to be correct with evidence. My high standards for truth and honesty do not allow me to accept such a person as a significant part of my life.

Yes, Don't do it. They general lied about how its not important at the beginning but it will change later.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:208009
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.