Agnostic.com

2 0

Is your company laying off your newly made friends faster than you can make them? Is it out of control?

It's like there really is no such thing as morale. But at least we got a free aerobic workout from Boom Shake during lunch.

UrsiMajor 8 Oct 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not that I know of (yet), but they certainly laid ME off...

Zster Level 8 Oct 26, 2018
I've owned my own business since 1986 (teaching music), and have been 100% self employed since 1998.  I know layoffs are happening from businesses that are downsizing (sears, for example).  But I can't imagine what it's like to be laid off.  It seems so arbitrary and disappointing.

At our company, if one has seniority (more years of raises, so higher salaries) they will go. I suspected it might come and so am pretty well prepared. I would have been retiring in five months. The loss of medical is my biggest concern, widowed with two kids in college needing insured to age 36...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:208515
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.