Agnostic.com

4 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

But, hey, the jobs market is better than ever, right?

Fer sure!! I am about to test it out. I can't afford to be "retired" much longer.

@HippieChick58 good luck. I'm confident you'll find something.

@Condor5 thank you!! I have a connection that could lead to a job at Hayneedle Shops in Customer Service. If you've never heard of them, they are an internet retailer much like Wayfair. The problem is, Hayneedle was bought out by Walmart, and I loathe WM. One of my kids has worked for them since college, and she is moving up quickly. She has angst because she is now working for WM, but she gets good pay and benefits.

@HippieChick58 haven't heard of Hayneedle; Wayfair, yes. You know what? I begrudge no one for how they choose to make a living (except maybe criminals), if you dig deep enough, you can find something to dislike about almost any business.

@Condor5 And even good businesses have their downsides. My last employer was reputable, had good management, and had good pay and benefits. It was a very stressful job and they were wanting us to carry heavier case loads. It was beyond my ability to cope.

@HippieChick58 one of the shameful tactics many, many businesses have been turning to in the last decade, or so; they downsize and expect those remaining to pick up the load left by those who were cut loose. It's a dirty way of doing business, but I'll guarantee shareholders love it.

@Condor5 Yes, I've been reading that, and I've seen it happen. Profit comes before people too often.

Typical

Money, money, money.

This is another one of those things that should probably be classified as a utility, with limits on profits.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:209064
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.