Agnostic.com

26 2

Any men rights activists here?

Are there any men on here who identify as MRA, or red pillers, or incels( involuntarily celibate), or any variation of the above. If so, would you care to briefly explain your position and how you have arrived at it?
Asking for a friend

Blizzard 7 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments (26 - 26)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm MGTOW. (Men going their own way)
I'm sick of the double standards in dating so now if I do go on a date it's Dutch treat. I don't ever plan on or want to get married as divorce heavily favors the woman. I also will not buy a woman anything more expensive than a third of my weekly pay check. After my split with my fiance' I learned how skewed the system is in favor of women. I dated another woman who broke into my house, attacked me, trashed my house stole my phone and $1000 then called the cops on me. I almost got arrested just because she called the cops, even though when they got there she was still hitting me. The put me in cuffs, bloody and bruised and asked her what I did to cause her to attack me. She said "he fucking dumped me and I won't let him." Thankfully my phone was recovered and I had filmed most of the attack. Without that evidence I'd be in jail.

Your experience with your abusive ex is mortifying. Sorry it happened to you.
Now to the topic at hand:
Can you elaborate on what you consider double standards in dating?Also, what do you mean divorce heavily favors women? I witnessed many divorced people, and no one really ever benefits from divorce (financially at least)

My mom made out like a bandit on all of her divorces, it's her job apparently. My ex that I never married got all my stuff. As far as double standards go, equality is not men paying for dates, as is traditional, but both parties splitting the check.also as a man I am expected to keep paying, socially anyway.

@jayneonacobb haha well conforming or not conforming to societal traditions is a personal choice. As far as paying for dates, I've always paid for my own share especially in the beginning (see I hate feeling like I owe something). Once the couple is established, it's still expense sharing. One day you pay, the other day they do. You can always set ground rules from the get go. Just be sure you pick the right partner is all.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20911
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.