Agnostic.com

4 3

Good morning UK and America,
A special treat for you this morning to get the feet tapping, the blood stirring and the ears twitching. All the way from the Balkans a fantasic group.

FrayedBear 9 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I LOVE these guys. They're one of my favorites. ....and, lol, they finally look like they're having fun about 30 minutes in (that also happens to be one of my favorite tunes of theirs. I could listen to that cimbolom all day.

I prefer the hammered dulcimer. After a while I lose it with the cymbalom.

@FrayedBear Lose what? And how do you define the difference?

@chicagojcb 😀 You took the bait! But no. The only hammered dulcimer I was familiar with had a cleaner sound to the cymbalom. And I suspect cymbaloms can, like pianos, sound different. Perhaps it is my hearing and memory - I hadn't heard either for a long time til the other day.

@FrayedBear I've been in close contact with american hammered dulcimers, hungarian/romanian cimboloms, and greek santouris. They're built pretty much the same way. They are tuned a little differently. Probably the hammers and the style contribute the most to how they sound.

Those guys Jazzed the hell out of that building... It was jean luc ponty that turn me into appreciating violins not the charanga bands. Those are masters of their craft and their instrument. Thank You Bro.

I feel honored to already been included, my friend

Community building of like minded members. Pleased to have encountered you.

@GipsyOfNewSpain @Chicagojcb @Duke @psycheworks @Or-Humanist
And any other lovers of folk or traditional music please let me know so that I can add you to the list for next time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20953
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.