Agnostic.com

16 4

I just learned that there is a religion called Dudism... What do you think of this?!

carlyhorton 7 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like the concept but affiliating here is enough

I do not believe the dude would abide this.

Creepy man to me

I thought he was a shamus? You know an Irish Monk. (Do I get extra points for the obscure reference? ) 😉

@Kmdskit3 Yes, you do!

“Well, that’s just your opinion man...”

(As an ordained Dudeist minister...) I don't consider Dudeism to be a religion as much as I do a way of dealing with life's absurdities in a more relaxed and non-committal manner. The world would be a much better place if it wasn't constantly divided by religion and politics which profit from creating spheres of "Us and Them".

You'll like this video as well:

You may call me Reverend Jim. The dude abides.

I'm a Dudette.

This dude abides. I am also an adherent of Pastafarinism.

Absolutely love it

I have been ordained for a couple yrs. Have not had the time to do anything with it.

Love the big lebowski.!!!!

I haven't seen it since it came out. I don't remember loving it as much as my then-boyfriend did. He thought it was awesome, I was like...meh. I should try watching it again. I may have a new appreciation of it.

@carlyhorton
have a few white Russians while watching. 🙂

I think you may, @carlyhorton since I was the same way. I think I may have thought it corny. Then a friend (who is, granted, gaga for the movie) got me to watch it again.

@Lauren they even have lebowski fests every year !!!

Get out, @Buddha! I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Have you gone?

@Lauren
not yet, but I'm pretty much of a hermit. Lol
But, the posts I saw about them they look like fun..
Everyone told me I could probably go as the dude with my fashion preferences ...🙂
Look it up, see if there is going to be one coming up that's close to you.
They have them in Pittsburgh sometimes, but i don't know if it's an annual thing.

@Lauren I think the person I was watching it with tainted the experience, too. The relationship I was in was falling apart, and I think I reflexively and unconsciously disliked anything that he liked.

@carlyhorton That's a shame, but I totally know the feeling. There will be other cult movies in your future!

@Buddha I'll check it out. It could be a kick. Mostly I just go to anime conventions but I could branch out. I'll let you know if I find one.

@Lauren the dude abides... lol

We've actually talked about it a few times here.

Dudeism

Thanks for the link!

I follow a variation of dudeism.... if you catch my drift.

I like the dude but I pass. I don't do religion... no exception.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20992
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.