Agnostic.com

8 32

It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand.

Mark Twain

Scorpio_gurl 6 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And that is a scary thought indeed. How that all came together was a dark lost time for humans.

I wonder if most people even have the vaguest clue as to where the Bible even came from?? I cringe when I hear the students at my school say 'I'm going to Bible Study'. I want to say "No you're not. You're going to evangelical indoctrinational activities". There isn't a bit of scholarship that happens at Bible study. If there was, people would freak out!!

You are the first one to make a post using the word, "ain't." The first that I've seen so far. Lol

he could put some words together.

Oh, that's a good one!

Mark Twain got it right didn't he?

What bothers about the Bible is that its biggest fans don't understand it very well. I have Christian friends who actually agree with me on that too.

@CarrieVey Are your talking about god or Trump?

@CarrieVey I love that quote from Dawkins and totally concur with your statement on not understanding those who talk of the Biblical god being loving.

@CarrieVey Dawkins could have seen the characteristics of the Old Testament God because "he" was clearly and frankly described, but Dawkins failed to notice the characteristics of the New Testament God who is hidden behind the mask of the good, but in fact he is no better.
So the things with Jesus are more insidious.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21075
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.