Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK A Short History of American Medical Insurance - Imprimis

Here's an interesting article on how and why healthcare costs have so dramatically outpaced inflation in the US. It offers a solution I partially agree with. Not a super long read, but worth your time, I think. =]

IAMGROOT 7 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Didnt read , just wondering why America is the ONLY country in the world without FREE HEALTH CARE for all citizens ?

Mets Level 6 Nov 17, 2018

The healthcare industry in 'merca is a situation where everyone talks about it but nobody does anything about it. Talk, talk, talk.

Not a bad article overall, but it was very superficial and did not really get into the nitty-gritty of the reality of the situation in terms of the legal code, the insurance industry, and the application within the healthcare community. It's a good start, like a quip on the back jacket of a book, or one minor portion of an abstract in a proper paper, though. Sourcing, was a bit lazy on their part however.

Hordo Level 6 Oct 29, 2018

A good article with some good suggestions. If you compare the rise in prices in the medical industry, which is highly regulated and subsidized by taxes, with more unregulated industries, such as technology, you will see that in the more unregulated, unsubsidized industries, prices lower over time.

And yet, Germany, with all their layers of regulations, manages to provide ridiculously affordable healthcare to everyone. I had a friend whose mom collapsed in her first night visiting my friend in Germany. Mom had a helicopter ride to hospital, ER visit, 4 nights in ICU, multitudes of tests, 3 more nights in a regular room, they didn't purchase insurance because - I don't even know why - and the total bill, from end to end, was €1200.00. This was in 2008, when I lived there.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:211343
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.