Agnostic.com

8 2

Today - as every monday - I am fasting. tea (not the black sort though) & water only for approx 40 hours. for the wellbeing of my bodily vehicle. how about your care for the mortal vessel? any ideas or suggestions?

walklightly 8 Feb 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I try to avoid sugar, and sometimes I don't do so good. I try to eat healthy, lots of veggies and less meat. That part I do better with. My office is full of tempting piles of chocolates. I do need to get some exercise, but it was 14 degrees with snow as I was coming home. I take a few supplements and avoid processed foods.

sugar is my bane, @HippieChick58. i can process half a kilo (that's more than 1lb) of assorted sweets in a single binge session. scares me occasionally. but if it wasn't for this, my last vice i'd probably be airborne by now 😛

I take a lot of antioxidants . They help with the heat bill to , due to improved circulation .
Ginko Biloba 480mg per day , should be stepped up gradually , or you get a headache . Lots of Vitamin A 1,000% for the aging eyes , carrots or carrot juice supplies that amount , but pills are cheaper .

Dougy Level 7 Feb 5, 2018

I have been working hard for the last six months dropping from 277 lbs down to 215 lbs. My goal is 175 which is were I have always been before I gained my depression wait. I rarely workout but I have gone back to drinking loads of water and healthier food.

sounds like quite the achievement already - i'm having already a hard time with 5 little kilos 🙂

Way to go!!

@HippieChick58 @walklightly Thank you, both and walklightly, I have no doubt you can drop 5 kilos, but I will say this in a non-flirty way, you look amazing just the way you are.

thank you, @paul1967, that's very sweet.

@paul1967 Thank you. My motivation for dropping weight is the floor is way too far away and difficult to get away from. I have a granddaughter now, she was born Christmas 2016. Second grandbaby due in May. When the grandbaby is here, I'm on the floor with her. And now she can move sooo much faster than I can 🙂 That and fewer aches, better for knees and hips.

I could never do fasting but I have lost weight since giving up the beer and drinking wine instead. I like to supplement this with a very hot (phaal or vindaloo) lamb curry. Just finished a milder curry two minutes ago and enjoying chilled dry white wine. I think it's doing me some good but it definitely makes me feel good.

I start with coffee. Then a cigarette while I'm walking the dogs. Then more coffee. The rest is a crapshoot and depends on what's in the fridge, and what I'm in the mood for. I refuse to worry about much that's health-related. In the immortal words of Rose Castorini, "No matter what you do, you're still gonna die. Just like everybody else."

😀 i'm just trying to delay the latter one as long as possible, but i like your flippancy about it. so true.

we are vastly disconnected from our primary connection to all other life, and particularly other humans, now; our gut bacteria, but you prolly already know that if you are fasting i guess lol. Best way going to kill candida! Breaking fast with cultured foods is surely good, to establish a healthy, probiotic gut, and i guess addressing the next ongoing crime we commit, that of starving our own cells through poor cell wall formation from lack of plant based Omega 3 would be next. Dave's Killer Bread, Seeds of Change rice envelopes, and...Homestat Farms steel cut oatmeal with rye flakes and chia seem to be the most palatable to me

@Stevil ya, and cultured pickles, who can even find them?

no dave's killer bread where i live 😟 but i'm off the bread anyway; love chia & buckwheat & linseed & millet.

@Stevil, sounds like some pickle industry 🙂

@Stevil 😕

@Stevil brining also develops some probiotics, i guess, but it is better to culture them with lactobacillus. Does take a bit longer though

A cup of coffee. Followed by 4 more cups of coffee.

😛

I used to run into trees but in another existence. Scars in the soul carry over. I try to good fortune keeping the vessel under 200 pounds. Harder to do with my kid sister now expecting me to eat like her deceased husband. I can go days without food. Don't know why. Not worried much. Other times is without sleep. My routine will change once back in Sin City.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21176
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.