Agnostic.com

9 16

Good news! Judge Orders Georgia's Brian Kemp to Give Thousands More People a Shot at Voting

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

On Friday Nov 2, I listened to GA Public Broadcasting's radio show Political Rewind, in which they said polls are showing Abrams and Kemp dead even at 46%, and the libertarian candidate at about 2%. In GA, the requirement is 50% + 1 vote to win the election, so there's a good chance there will be a run-off election in December.

Perhaps before then, enough people will have their voting issues sorted in order to make a difference.

Yes!!! These guys r really desperate and so afraid of a strong intelligent woman!

Very suspicious of someone who worked so hard at supressing the vote all the sudden turn around right before midterms just to create this headline.

...saved by the Judges (thanks Obama) ..for awhile ~

Varn Level 8 Nov 2, 2018

This guy’s behavior is appalling. After working so hard to suppress voting rights. What would make us think he will do the right thing now?

Good point!

Better than nothing. I heard a judge in I think North Dakota denied an appeal from Native Americans who were denied their right to vote because they use post office box numbers rather than street addresses. Most don't live on named streets and it was never a problem until the Republicans got control of the state government and changed the voting rules when more Native Americans registered to vote this year when one of their own is running as a Democrat.

They r so afraid of losing power! SMH. Not Patriots at all.

Hopefully this Republican respects the law.

Normally they don't.

That's a start. Declaring conflict of interest & formally charging him with voter suppression would be better.

Right on!

What we need is an amendment to GA's constitution to prohibit the conflict. The main problem I'm wrestling with is what to do about the secretary of state's own re-election. It does make me wonder how other states address this issue, or even if they addess it.

But will he really ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:214243
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.